Saturday, October 25, 2014

Project Runway Dresses at the Kansas City AG Place!!



So you might have heard of a TV show called Project Runway where fashion designers compete against each other in designing clothing. On a recent episode their assignment was to create a garment for a little girl that was inspired by a character from the Beforever line at AG. I don't really watch the show but we watched this episode and it was really fun! This weekend the garments that the designers made are being displayed at the Kansas City AG Place and we were lucky enough to go see them in person!
This is the dress and jacket that won for this episode. It is inspired from Samantha's new Christmas dress. 
I think this is a really fun dress and I would love to wear it to a fancy Christmas party!!
 Seeing the garments in person was much different than I expected. For example this dress was Inspired from Josefina. It's a cute dress but take a close look at the way the collar and sleeves were finished.
 They were just surged which I don't think looks very professional, and it's kind of sloppy. But hey I'm no seamstress, so I can't talk much here!
This little outfit was inspired by Kit... I think Kit would have really enjoyed wearing this bright and jolly little number :)
One of my favs was the outfit inspired from Kaya! I love love love the fabulous fringe! I bet it would be so fun to wear that fringy vest while riding Penny!! 
 I showed Kaya the photos and she lost here mind when she saw this outfit. We both agree that we would love to own this one!!
 But my overall favorite was this dress which was inspired by Addy. 
The thing I love most about this piece is the fabric on the jacket. The designer really liked Addy's quilt and thought the fabric pattern for the jacket that she picked really resemble the pictures and colors on Addy's quilt.
  I agree and I happen to know Addy really treasures her family quilt, so I think this is a pretty special outfit.

So what are your thoughts? How do you think the designers did? Which one is your favorite?





No comments:

Post a Comment